I found out today that my mom has been admitted to a hospital/phsyc unit.
I don’t doubt that this is needed. I don’t doubt that it is in my mother’s best interest.
It just sucks.
And you can quote me on that…this day of 4.3.12
I can’t begin to give words to the depths of this suckiness.
It just shouldn’t be happening. There is something that screams within me of the utter injustice of it all.
My mother is a strong woman, and I know this will take all of her strength.
She raised her children, practically alone (she was separated from my “dad” for about 14 years…don’t ask). She was the primary caregiver and bread winner for 3 kids. She endured more hardship than I ever care of thinking about:
- loosing my biological father about 2 months before I was born.
- Raising 3 young biological kids, and one teenage step-child filled with piss and vinegar raging at the death of her dad.
- Teaching in a school where racism was so entrenched that kids feared for their lives.
- Her own children being bullied in the school district due to her status as a teacher, and other reasons.
- Putting up with a 2nd husband that barely lived up to the term(s): Husband, Father, Partner…
He’s dead. She is at a point in her life where she can literally do whatever she wants (kids all raised, living successfully, etc).
What. The. Hell. Is. Fair. About. This?!
Yes, I know the answer.
I’m just pissed.